Thursday, November 10, 2011

Live Like You Were Dying

So I have been very busy lately. About two weeks ago my 11 year old cousin was having some pain in her abdomen. She went to the ER around 6 in the evening by 11 she learned she had cancer. She had her kidney and a very large tumor removed and now she is facing 8 month of chemo and radiation. I spent most of the last two weeks with her and her family, helping out and babysitting.

I feel like my life is a Boy Meets World episode sometimes. You know how on that show the book they are reading that week in English just happens to correspond to the drama of their lives? The gospel readings for the last few weeks has been like that for me.

This last gospel reading was about how we don't know when the end comes and so we should always be ready. Now to me this kind of related to that song "Live Like You Were Dying." My cousin went from being a normal, happy 11 year old to having her whole like change. Life is so short and so fragile that I don't want to waste my time doing nothing. I want to live and I want to help people and I want to be happy. It comes down to where do you want to be when Jesus comes back. Do you want to be in a bad relationship? Do you want to be a bully? Do you want to be unhappy? Or do you want to be ready and happy to run into Jesus' arms? I choose to live the gospel, love my neighbor as myself, and live a life that I am not afraid to show The Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment